An independent youth ministry that is dedicated to sharing Christ's love, forgiveness, and especially salvation with the youth of the Greater Canton area. We are teaching youth to spread the Gospel of Grace through Faith, by getting them saved, discipled and serving.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
All members of the Board of Directors, Board of Reference, and all paid and unpaid staff of the Greater Canton Youthquake must submit and adhere without mental reservation to the following statement of faith:
1. We believe the Bible to be the Inspired, Inerrant, Infallible Word of God. Historically Preserved in the Authorized Version. II Tim. 3:16, Psalm 12:6-7, Matt. 24:35, Matt. 5:18, Psalm 138:2, Isaiah 40:8
2. We believe in one God, who Manifests Himself in three ways: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Titus 2:13, Col 1:16-17, John 15:26.
3. We believe in the Deity, Virgin Birth, Sinless Life, Miracles, Vicarious and Atoning Death, Bodily Resurrection, Ascension and the Personal, Tangible, Immanent return to Power and Glory of our Saviour and Lord, God, Jesus Christ. I Cor. 15:3-4, Act 1:9, I Thess. 4:16-17
4. We believe in the New Birth, through Faith in the Shed Blood of Jesus Christ. For all Lost and Sinful men, by the Regeneration of the Holy Ghost, and through Justification by Faith alone in Jesus Christ our Saviour and Lord God, thus assuring the Eternal Salvation of the Believer. John 3:3, Eph. 2:8-9, Heb. 9:27, Rom. 3:23, Rom. 5:18, John 1:1, I John 5:13.
5. We believe in the preaching and teaching of holiness, and we seek to live a Godly life unto sanctification only.1 Pet. 1:15-16, 1 Cor.1:30, 1 Thess. 4:3,. We believe that part of that Godly living is abstaining from any sexual activity outside of a Scriptural marriage. We believe a Scriptural marriage to be between one naturally-born man and one naturally-born woman for life, and believe any intimate sexual activity outside of a Scriptural marriage to be sin. Gen. 2:24; Rom. 7:2; 1 Cor. 7:10; 2 Tim. 3:3, Rom. ch. 1.
6. We believe in the Resurrection of the Body of the saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the Resurrection of Damnation. II Cor. 5:6, I John 5:12.
7. We believe in the Biblical unity of all believers in Christ. I Cor. 12:12, Eph 4:4-5.
8. We stand against the false peace and the false unity of the one world church and the one world government. Rev. ch. 13.
We stand against the doctrine of devils among professing Christians and the unsaved. 2 Tim. ch. 3, Rev. ch. 13.
Greater Canton YouthQuake exists to reach the youth of Canton, Ohio and surrounding areas with the Gospel.
We desire a true Repentance Revival in the Church. This means we not only want to see that youth trust Jesus Christ as their Saviour, we also foster spiritual growth in the saved, so they can be discipled and become vibrant, Christ-honoring members of their homes, churches, and community.
We empower the youth to be Godly individuals who can have the great love, peace, comfort, wisdom, and all of the fruits of the Holy Spirit that the world lacks, so that they can have life and live that life more abundantly. (John 10:10.)
This is how Revival must begin, by people willing to take a stand and live their faith in deed as well as in word. One of the most important of these stands is on the Preserved Word of God, which we have done. We believe "Thy Word is truth"(John 17:17) and that God's Word is a secure rock to build our foundation on in an ever-changing world. Today's culture needs that stability of God's promise, "I change not" (Mal. 3:6), and that includes the certainty of His Word.
The battle is difficult, and our youth face many obstacles. But, when they apply God's Word to their lives, they know they can overcome these obstacles because of Jesus Christ living in them and working through them.
IF YOU STOOD BEFORE GOD AND HE ASKED "WHY SHOULD I LET YOU INTO MY PERFECT HEAVEN," WHAT WOULD YOU SAY?
CLICK THE IMAGE ABOVE
The Greater Canton Youthquake was founded by Sal & Susie Varsalone in 1983. Sal is a graduate of Eastern Nazarene College with a B.A. degree in Religion. Sal and his wife Susie are home missionaries to the youth of Greater Canton. They live by faith and are dependent upon the financial support of individual Christians or Christian Groups or Churches that claim Christ as their Saviour. In September of 2019 the Greater Canton Youthquake will celebrate its 39th year of existence. Over 5,000 youth have passed through the program. Some 2,000 youth have made a decision for Jesus Christ. The ministry has helped to produce pastors, missionaries, evangelists, youth leaders and more. Many kids saved at Youthquake are now pillars in their church.
The Greater Canton Youthquake got its chance to be founded due to the efforts of Joe and Inez Schultz. Joe and Inez Schultz are the former directors of the Canton Youth for Christ, who later formed the Campus Living Association. Campus Living Association became the mother organization of the Greater Canton Youthquake. Youthquake has clubs in churches, homes, neighborhoods and schools. Wherever a door opens up. Youthquake sponsors a county wide Rally as many times a year as funds allow. It has a summer camp sponsorship program. It produced a 16 team Bible Quiz League in the Greater Canton area. From 2014-2017, we aired a radio program on WNPQ with over 150 episodes, which you can hear on our Quest for Truth page. Presently we are hosted by Westminster Community Church, where we have a Thursday evening program as well as a Sunday morning program, bringing youth from a few different neighborhoods to that church at 171 Aultman Avenue Northwest.
Youthquake is aggressively Evangelistic. It believes that the answer for the World's problems today are in Evangelizing the youth of America. Youthquake believes that the Bible is our Final Authority in all matters of Faith and Practice. In Youthquake Bible Quizzing history, the ministry has won 6 National Bible Quiz Tournaments and 11 Bible Quiz regionals with the Youth Evangelism Association, and then later with the World Bible Quiz Association. Over 800 kids have Bible Quizzed with Youthquake. The Youthquake Ministry has been covered by its city newspapers close to a dozen times. It is well known in the city with an outstanding reputation.